- Do you work in Healthcare?
- Are you a consumer representative?
- Are you a member of a CAC, CCAC or CAG?
- How do you support equity in Healthcare provision?
Western Australia enjoys one of the most culturally diverse populations in Australia. To assist healthcare workers and providers deliver services that are equitable and in line with the implementation of Standard Two ((Partnering with Consumers 2.1.2) National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards) the Health Consumers’ Council has developed this workshop as a means of enabling you to provide culturally inclusive services that support patient-centred care. Nursing staff this workshop counts towards your active learning hours.
Workshop Content Includes…
- Exploring culture and cross cultural engagement
- Exploring strategies to increase service accessibility
- Indentifying methods to engage with CaLD communities
Feedback From Other Workshops…
- Overall very good training & ‘super’ facilitator
- Good information & content, overall presentation and handouts very good
- Interesting, informative and beautifully presented
- Presenter very knowledgeable and experienced
About the Facilitator…
Louise Ford has worked extensively with new and emerging communities/CaLD people in a range of capacities. She holds a BA (Double Major) in Aboriginal and Intercultural Studies, a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), Cert 1V Workplace Trainer and Assessor and TESOL. Louise was also invited to present at the African Woman Summit at the UN Headquarters, New York in 2014.
Book here for the 18th July 2018 workshop.
This workshop can be booked as fee for service. Contact email@example.com for more information.