- Do you have lived experience of a blood-borne virus?
- Do you have a lived experience of accessing sexual health and blood borne virus services?
- Would you like an opportunity to contribute to the development of BBV stigma and discrimination resources?
The Health Consumers’ Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from people living with blood borne virus (BBV) to join the BBV e-learning stigma and discrimination eLearning Co-Design Group. The Co-design group will develop the content for the blood-borne virus stigma and discrimination e-learning training package for WA Health staff.
Please have a read through the details below, and if it seems like a fit, click on the link to an Expression of Interest form. You can also access a Word document which you can complete and send back to email@example.com Please note that places are limited and we are seeking diversity and the right fit, so an application doesn’t guarantee you a position.Click here to register your Expression of Interest
Project Background and Details
The WA Department of Health is committed to developing an online training package for staff across the health system to address the issue of stigma and discrimination. This training package will be shaped by the insights and experiences of people living with blood-borne viruses and health professionals working in the sector.
This piece of work sits within a larger strategy of consumer involvement in the SHABBV sector – see here for more details.
The Co-design Group
The membership of the group will consist of a 50/50 mix of community members and health professionals. We are seeking a diverse group of lived experience members and aim to include people who identify as Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islanders, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, LGBTQI+, people with disabilities; and young people.
We are looking for lived experience members who are:
- Willing to share their experiences accessing health services whilst living with a blood-borne virus
- Open to respectful contribution in a group setting
- Confident in communicating with health professionals, educators and administrators
This project is at the Information Gathering Stage and the role of the group is to inform the following:
- Provision of advice and guidance from the BBV communities’ perspective
- Contribute to the development of content for the e-learning package
- Review draft versions of the e-learning package to ensure incorporated feedback is relevant and representatives.
This Co-Design Group will run from June to September 2021. The planned meeting schedule is below. Further meetings may be convened or this approach may need to be adjusted if required but we will aim to identify this as early as possible:’
- Wednesday 16th June 4-5.30pm – Initial meeting with lived experience group to on-board
- Wednesday 23rd June 3-6pm – Initial Brainstorming Meeting –Group Meeting 1
- Wednesday 14th July 3-6pm – Group Meeting 2
- Wednesday 4th August 3-6pm – Group Meeting 3
- Wednesday 25th August 3-6pm- Group Meeting 4
- Wednesday 8th September 3-6pm – Group Meeting 5