NPS MedicineWise delivers three programs to general practitioners, consumers and other health professionals each year to deliver relevant, timely and useful information regarding medicines and medical tests. NPS MedicineWise is establishing the Antibiotics Expert Working Group to provide advice to inform the design and development of the NPS MedicineWise Antibiotics visiting program.
The Antibiotics Expert Working Group will be active in the design phase of the program. The program design phase is a total period of 1 month (12 September 2018 to 13 October 2018) where the issues and barriers associated with antibiotics will be explored and activities or educational resources for health professionals and consumers are selected and designed.
During this phase the Group will be asked to provide their expert advice to assist the team to:
• better understand the issues, barriers and enablers of the program from the perspective of health professionals and/or consumers
• effectively translate and synthesise evidence, guidelines and clinical opinion into guidance on clinical best practice
• ensure key messages (i.e. the focus of the program) are relevant and appropriate for the audience/s
• advise on opportunities to share, partner or leverage activities.
The work of this EWG will consist of full day face to face workshop in Sydney on Wednesday 12th September 2018. In addition to this key meeting there will be occasional email correspondence throughout the design phase. Members may also be separately invited by NPS MedicineWise to review resources.
Please note that travel costs and sitting fees will apply for this work.
CHF invites expressions of interest from consumer representatives by midnight AEST on Sunday 2 September 2018. Interested consumer representatives will need to:
- Complete a CHF nomination form available online at https://chf.org.au/representation/forms/consumer-representative-nomination-form
- Attach a letter of endorsement from a supporting health consumer organisation and/or provide sound demonstration of your links with a consumer base. This information ensures that consumer representatives are accountable to consumers. Please note that the health consumer group need not be a CHF member. This process ensures consumer representatives are placed with the confidence of consumers and have in place a consultative base enabling reps to draw from and report to consumers.
- Attach a short CV in pdf format
Please contact Ghislaine Martin on 02 6273 5444 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.
Expressions of interest close at midnight AEST on Sunday 2 September 2018