The Department of Health (DoH) are consulting on a revised version of the WA Complaints Management Policy. They have prepared a number of documents as part of their review. They are seeking feedback from consumers on this policy and the associated documents.
- Draft Complaints Management Policy v1.02 – main draft policy – this is mandatory for WA Health services
- Draft Complaints Management Guideline v1.02 – supporting document to expand on how the implementation of the policy – non-mandatory
- Draft Complaints Management Toolkit v0.02 – supporting document including suggested templates for letters and forms – non-mandatory
- Complaints management consultation response form external response v0.3 – Click here for a link to survey with these questions
- Complaints management consultation paper v0.4 – this is an overview of the consultation process with more explanation about each document.
While some of the documents are long, and seem to be written for a staff audience, at HCC we believe this consultation is an important opportunity to provide feedback to the Department and the system about the experience of consumers, carers and their families when making a complaint about health services.
To provide feedback
HCC is gathering two kinds of feedback:
1. We are interested in your feedback on the draft revised Complaints Policy and associated documents – please review those documents and provide your feedback on those here
2. We are also interested in your feedback about the experience of making a complaint or providing feedback. If you have an experience you would like to share, please complete this online survey form.
The DoH consultation close 26th July 2019 – to give us time to collate responses, please complete your feedback to HCC by WEDNESDAY 24 JULY.