Health Consumers’ Council organise a number of networking events and workshops for people who are involved in the health system as a consumer, carer, family or community representative. We also host a Facebook group for representatives, as well as sending tailored emails and information.
These sessions happen 3-4 times a year. Based on feedback from people who have participated in these sessions in the past, the aims are to:
- Provide an opportunity for consumer, carer, family or community reps and members to connect with other reps across the health system in WA
- Hear updates on key issues in the health sector and from Health Consumers’ Council
- Build capacity by including a facilitated learning opportunity
The focus for this session will be on consumer feedback and complaints. How to provide feedback and make complaints, and how this feedback is used by health services to improve services and outcomes. We will be joined by Michael Greco from Care Opinion, and Carly Parry from Health Consumers’ Council’s Advocacy team.
There will also be a chance for participants to discuss and brainstorm how we can encourage more feedback from consumers and community members.
- Wednesday 23 September 2020
- 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Register online at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/111589952552
An informal morning tea
- Friday 4 December 2020
- 10am – 12pm
- Registration details to follow
Click here to see information about previous sessions
Stay connected – join our Facebook group and mailing list!
- You can join the Source – Connect, Learn and Share Facebook page by being signed into Facebook and asking to join the group here
- You can join the Consumer, carer, family and community rep mailing list here
If you’ve any questions about this network, contact Clare Mullen, Engagement Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org