Health Consumers’ Council organise a number of networking events and workshops for people who are involved in the health system as a consumer, carer, family or community representative. We also host a Facebook group for representatives, as well as sending tailored emails and information.
These sessions happen 3-4 times a year. Based on feedback from people who have participated in these sessions in the past, the aims are to:
- Provide an opportunity for consumer, carer, family or community reps and members to connect with other reps across the health system in WA
- Hear updates on key issues in the health sector and from Health Consumers’ Council
- Build capacity by including a facilitated learning opportunity
Join fellow consumer, carer, family and community change agents as we connect in the beautiful natural environment at Victoria Gardens. This is in response to the many people who shared how important nature is to them and their health.
- Date: Wednesday 4 December
- Time: 9.30am arrival for 10am start – 12pm
- Venue: Victoria Gardens, 10 Royal Street, East Perth – it’s an outdoor venue so feel free to bring a camp chair or something else to sit on
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/consumer-carer-family-and-community-change-agent-networking-dec-2019-tickets-74368856251
Spring/Djilba 2019 Wednesday 25 September
The topic for this session was: “Engaging your community as a consumer, carer, family or community representative”. Attendees had the chance to share what they currently do to engage and communicate with the broader community, as well as taking part in a creative idea generation process to identify other opportunities.
District Health Advisory Council Chairs – August 2019
HCC staff ran a workshop for District Health Advisory Council (DHAC) leaders on engaging their communities.
Winter/Makuru 2019 – Monday 1 July 2019
This session focused on the Sustainable Health Review, and in particular the recommendation relating to new models of community and citizen partnership.
- Consumer, carer, family and community rep networking session 1 July 2019 notes
- Presentation on Sustainable Health Review by Pip Brennan
- Presentation on Sustainable Health Review by Leon McIvor, Department of Health
- Notes from discussion and questions submitted in advance by participants
Autumn/Djeran 2019 – Wednesday 20 March 2019
This event was held in conjunction with the Health Engagement Network
Stay connected – join our Facebook group and mailing list!
- You can join the Source – Connect, Learn and Share Facebook page by being signed into Facebook and asking to join the group here
- You can join the Consumer, carer, family and community rep mailing list here
If you’ve any questions about this network, contact Clare Mullen, Engagement Manager – email@example.com