Health Consumers’ Council received funding from the WA Department of Health to connect and involve people impacted by overweight and obesity.
We have a number of documents available for people working within WA health services to contribute to improving health services in this area.
The information includes:
- Consumer stories shared anonymously about people’s experience of their weight and using the health system for support
- Consumer insights from these groups* – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy. In your email, please outline your intended use of this information:
- Children, young people and families
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Aboriginal people
- People with disability
- Insights about how consumers would like to discuss weight with health professionals
- Learnings from our experience engaging with consumers on this topic
* Please note these insights are not exhaustive and in some cases come from small numbers of people. We share these in the hope that they add value to the evidence-based information on this topic.