This page provides key resources and links to websites to help you navigate your way around the health system.
Charter of Healthcare Rights
- The Charter of Healthcare Rights explains your legal rights when accessing health services.
Mental Health Rights
- A guide to your mental health rights as an involuntary health patient and your rights as a patient of a psychiatrist.
Mental Health Act Consumer Handbook
- This Consumer Handbook to the Mental Health Act 2014 has been prepared to help people experiencing mental illness navigate the mental health system and uphold their rights.
- Information about giving your consent to a treatment or procedure.
- You can also listen to a podcast episode about informed consent
Guardianship and Administration
- Download our WA Guardianship and Administration info sheet
- You can also watch videos produced by the Mental Health Law Centre
Goals of Patient Care
- Goals of Patient Care is a clinical care planning process used during an admission to hospital or other care facility.
- It helps to determine which treatments would be useful for you, if there was deterioration in your condition.
- You can watch a video on Goals of Patient Care for consumers or visit this website for more information.
Questions to ask your doctor
- You can use this Question Builder to prepare for a medical appointment by creating a list of questions for your doctor.
- There are 5 Questions to ask your doctor before you have any test or procedure
- The 5 Questions to ask your doctor are available in 12 languages.
Procedure Information Sheets
Written information about treatments and procedures
Understand your pathology tests
Information about pathology to help you manage your health.
Going to Hospital
- Top tips for safe health care
- Patient First program for before, during and after your hospital stay
- Going to Hospital information in Easy English
- Stay safe with mental health medications
Manage My Care
Manage My Care gives you access to outpatient appointment and referral information.
- Easily see your outpatient appointments and referrals 24/7
- Update contact details for patients over 16 years old (e.g. address and phone numbers)
- Request to reschedule, confirm or cancel upcoming outpatient appointments for select specialties
- Access information about your appointment and hospital visit.
The app is available on Apple and Android.
- Learn about Private Health Care in Australia