This page provides key resources and links to websites to help you navigate your way around the health system.
Charter of Healthcare Rights
- The Charter of Healthcare Rights explains your legal rights when accessing health services.
Mental Health Rights
- A guide to your mental health rights as an involuntary health patient and your rights as a patient of a psychiatrist.
Mental Health Act Consumer Handbook
- This Consumer Handbook to the Mental Health Act 2014 has been prepared to help people experiencing mental illness navigate the mental health system and uphold their rights.
- Information about giving your consent to a treatment or procedure.
- You can also listen to a podcast episode about informed consent
Guardianship and Administration
- Download our WA Guardianship and Administration info sheet
- You can also watch videos produced by the Mental Health Law Centre
Goals of Patient Care
- Goals of Patient Care is a clinical care planning process used during an admission to hospital or other care facility.
- It helps to determine which treatments would be useful for you, if there was deterioration in your condition.
- You can watch a video on Goals of Patient Care for consumers or visit this website for more information.
Questions to ask your doctor
- You can use this Question Builder to prepare for a medical appointment by creating a list of questions for your doctor.
- There are 5 Questions to ask your doctor before you have any test or procedure
- The 5 Questions to ask your doctor are available in 12 languages.
Procedure Information Sheets
Understand your pathology tests
Information about pathology to help you manage your health.
Going to Hospital
- Top tips for safe health care
- Patient First program for before, during and after your hospital stay
- Going to Hospital information in Easy English
- Stay safe with mental health medications
Manage My Care
Manage My Care gives you access to outpatient appointment and referral information.
- Easily see your outpatient appointments and referrals 24/7
- Update contact details for patients over 16 years old (e.g. address and phone numbers)
- Request to reschedule, confirm or cancel upcoming outpatient appointments for select specialties
- Access information about your appointment and hospital visit.
The app is available on Apple and Android.
- Learn about Private Health Care in Australia