This workshop takes your consumer representation skills to the next level. Keeping your skills honed and your knowledge current plays a key role of being an effective consumer representative.
On completion of this interactive workshop you will have an increased understanding of the current international, national and local safety and quality focus in health care and how to integrate these concepts into effective representation. The session will also cover topics raised by participants, including meeting effectiveness, productive conversations and self-care.
Who is this workshop for?
- People who have attended the Introduction to Consumer Representation session
- People currently acting as a consumer representative on a committee, working group or Board – ideally with at least 6 months active experience
- People wanting to further develop their skills as a consumer representative
- Completion of the Introduction to Consumer Representation
Topics covered include:
- Updates on key health and other policies (including the Sustainable Health Review)
- Managing communication outcomes and meeting effectiveness
- Consumer representation in context (Understanding the health system)
- A focus on standard 2 of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Levels of Engagement
- The evolution of a consumer rep
- Gaining consumer input
- The consumer lens
- Mastering meetings
- The Influence Equation
4 hours, 10.15am-2.15pm
Book now and see why people are loving our highly interactive learning experiences here at HCC
- Dates to be confirmed. Likely to be in first three months of 2021.