In this episode, former staff member Stephanie Newell spoke to Mind and Body Host Cynthia Nixon about the various ways people can be involved in improving the health system through Health Consumers’ Council (HCC). This included:
- Reading Group, attending information sessions – e.g. Diversity Dialogues Forums and Focus Groups
- What being a Consumer Representative means
- Advocacy – Individual & Systemic
- What are Consumer Advisory Councils and their country equivalent District Health Advisory Councils?
- Forthcoming Patient Experience Week events featuring international patient experience community of practice, the Beryl Institute’s CEO Jason Wolf as Keynote speaker
- Upcoming Orientation to HCC information session