Western Australia enjoys one of the most culturally diverse populations in Australia. To assist healthcare workers and providers to deliver services that are equitable, Health Consumers’ Council has developed this workshop to enable health workers to provide culturally inclusive services that support patient-centred care.
The workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Recognise potential barriers people may have in accessing health services
- Increase understanding of cultural competency
- Awareness of own culture and attitude towards cultural difference
- Knowledge and sensitivity of different cultural practices
- Ability to use cross-cultural skills
- Develop strategies to deliver a culturally competent service
Workshop duration – 3 hours
For more information and to book upcoming workshops, click here.