Can you help us build a social movement in health?
At Health Consumers’ Council, we believe in people power. Through our engagement and partnerships work, we are building a social movement in health – where the people who use health and healthcare services, and the people who work in them, can work together to identify priorities for improvement and make positive and lasting change.
We’re looking for a can-do person to join our team and help us extend our reach to more people in the community who use health and social care services, as well as reaching more of the people who work in them.
Health Consumers’ Council WA
The Health Consumers’ Council of WA (HCC) is an independent community-based organisation which was established in 1994, representing the consumer’s voice in health policy, planning, research, and service delivery. We stand for equitable, person-centred, quality healthcare for all West Australians.
About the Role
This role is based in the Engagement team and is for an initial period of up to 2 years with the possibility of extension. As well as managing your own projects and activities, you will also provide support to other members of the Engagement team including the Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator, the Cultural Diversity Engagement Coordinator, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator and the Deputy Director.
This is a full-time role based between our offices in Mount Lawley and your home. For the right person, we may consider part-time options, but ideally we’re looking for someone who can be available to work 5 days/week.
What We Offer
- A friendly and supportive team that’s making a tangible difference in the community
- A competitive not-for-profit annual base salary – Level 4 Social Community Home care and Disability Award ($39.26/hour + super)
- Salary sacrifices up to $15,900 per annum
- An engaging and flexible working environment
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and to learn practical skills on the job.
What you’ll be doing
This is a mixed role with lots of variety so you’ll get the chance to work on a range of projects and activities within the Engagement team’s portfolio including:
- Delivering training and presentations to a range of groups including consumers, carers, community members, people with lived experience and staff working in government, health care and social care
- Planning, organising and delivering events and workshops – including virtual, face-to-face and hybrid (both virtual and face-to-face)
- Analysing feedback from events and workshops and creating reports to share this information with a range of stakeholders
- General engagement project coordination including
- preparing, monitoring and reporting on project plans
- liaising with project stakeholders to ensure tasks and deliverables are achieved in line with project plans
- monitoring and reporting on project budgets
- responding to enquiries from a wide range of stakeholders about engagement and partnership practices and programs, including providing advice
- creating and distributing engaging content for a range of platforms including social media, website, email, MS Teams and publications
- helping to recruit and support volunteers to support HCC’s activities.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Excellent literacy and writing skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a people-facing role such as customer service or stakeholder engagement and a love of connecting with people
- Experience in organising meetings, workshops or events
- Collaborative working style with an ability and willingness to muck in with other team activities as required
- Be able to work autonomously and within deadlines, including managing a number of projects at the same time
- Proactive, reliable and flexible attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced adaptive environment
- Highly proficient general office IT skills for day to day office activities including the ability to quickly learn to become very comfortable using MS Word, MS Teams and MS Powerpoint – and using MS Excel for organising and sorting data – and comfortable learning new IT skills quickly and with minimal input as required
If you’ve had experience of stakeholder engagement or working with volunteers that would be great. And if you have other skills and experience that you think makes you a great fit for this role, please tell about those too!
Diversity and inclusion
At Health Consumers’ Council we know that strength comes from diverse perspectives being at the table. If you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch with Clare Mullen via email email@example.com or call reception on 08 9221 3422.
Please read the attached position description for more details – please refer to the criteria in your application.
To apply for this role, please send us an email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) and a copy of your resume and tell us:
- What is it about your professional or life experience that makes you a good fit for this role? (Please make it clear how these relate to the tasks and criteria in the position description in your response.)
- Why do you want this position?
- How do you see yourself helping Health Consumers’ Council to deliver on our plans?
- What do you look for in a working environment that can help you thrive?
To be considered for this opportunity please email applications to email@example.com by no later than 9am on Tuesday 27 September 2022.