AMA College is the premier education brand of the Australian Medical Association (WA) inc. Operating as a Registered Training Organisation for both domestic and international students, the organisation currently supports over 4,000 students Australia-wide in a range of studies that encompass aged cared, disability, community care, mental health and business studies.
Over the past two years AMA College has been preparing to add the delivery of nursing studies to its scope of registration, with this process now nearing completion. The addition of the HLT54121 Diploma of Nursing to scope will allow AMA College to help train up the next generation of Enrolled Nurses in Western Australia.
The AMA College campus, along with a state-of-the-art simulation ward, is located in Joondalup, with the back of office functions co-existing with the AMA at AMA House in Nedlands.
Expressions of interest are welcomed from any health consumer who has an interest in providing a community view toward the training/learning needs of future nurses. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are also welcomed.
Health consumers who have current or recent experience with the WA’s acute, primary or aged care sectors are welcome to join the CDAC. The real-life feedback of health consumers is a valued addition to the deliberations around ensuring that students are trained to the highest standards in line with contemporary realities.
The health consumer representative will be paid $37.50 per hour, or part thereof for attending and contribution to the CDAC committee. Catering will also be provided. If the meeting takes place at the AMA’s Nedlands office then free parking will be provided.
The committee – Course Delivery Advisory Committee (CDAC)
As part of the ongoing quality and compliance monitoring initiatives for the Diploma of Nursing program, AMA College will launch a Course Delivery Advisory Committee (CDAC). This committee will consist of a range of stakeholders to provide oversight and advice to the running of the nursing program. This committee has a dedicated position available to an interest Health Consumer.
It is anticipated that the CDAC will meet bi-annually, at either the Nedlands or Joondalup location, with provision made for members to join remotely via MS Teams. The CDAC committee will be an ongoing committee.
The committee’s role is to provide guidance and input related to quality training and assessment of our Nursing programs in particular:
- Monitoring evaluation outcomes and providing input to quality improvement mechanisms
- Training and assessment strategies
- Industry consultations and outcomes
- Cultural sensitivity and appropriateness of strategies and curriculum materials
- Evaluation indicators, mechanisms and outcomes
- Quality improvements
- Current and emerging issues in health and enrolled nursing
- Risk assessment and procedures related to training and assessment
- Professional experience placement
- Validation of assessment materials, as invited
- Trainer and assessor expertise and industry relevance
- Input to course specific strategies and programs, such as affirmative action strategies, performance review measures, success indicators
- Input to key course related documents, such as strategic framework documents, training and assessment strategies.
- Review evidence of work placement/health facility holding accreditation with relevant body
- Review its TOR and the effectiveness of the function at least annually.
Meetings will be twice a year. Some pre-reading may be required, which could include reports on student satisfaction, feedback from industry stakeholders and general updates from AMA College staff. Catering will be provided.
Meetings are likely to last for about 2 to 3 hours. They are anticipated to be held during daytime hours, at either the AMA’s Nedlands or Joondalup sites, depending on the desires of the committee, with the option given for participants to join remotely via MS Teams.
Find out more/apply
If you’re interested in this position email to Jan Norberger, General Manager – Training and Recruitment, AMA College at Jan.Norberger@amawa.com.au. Jan can also be contacted on 0488 792 153 to discuss this opportunity.
There is no current closing date, so apply soon if this is of interest.